Public Entertainment

If your premises are used as a place of public entertainment you must hold a Public Entertainment Licence.

A licence is not required in certain circumstance e.g. for an athletic or sports ground being used for sports or athletic purposes or entertainment that is being provided on premises licensed under the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 during licensed hours.

A Temporary Public Entertainment Licence may be required for one-off events e.g. Gala Days, Fairgrounds, Highland Games, Circus.

Events where a marquee / beer tent is being utilised, a separate form is required to be completed providing details of the structrue, any electrical supplies, lighting, fire equipment etc

If in doubt, you can check with the Licensing Section if your particular event requires to be licensed or consult a Solicitor for independent advice.

The application form is available to download from the Documents Section of this page.  The completed application from must be lodged with the appropriate fee.  The fee list is available on the Civic Licensing Main Page.