Apply to hold a Public Procession

Organisers of public processions, marches and parades must give the Council at least 28 days notice of an intention to hold a Public Procession.

All organisations wishing to hold a march or parade within Inverclyde have to apply.  The only form of march/parade exempt under the legislation is a funeral procession.

A fund raising event e.g. Sponsored walks where a large number of participates is expected and the area or part of the area being covered is on public roads, it may be necessary for the organisation to complete an application form for permission to proceed with the event.  This requirement allows authorities to recognise an event is being held and to ensure public safety measures are in place.  If it is proposed to carry out a collection during a sponsored walk, permission is also required for a Public Charitable Collection.  Details of Public Charitable Collections can be found under the Gambling Section of the website.

Application forms can be obtained from the Legal and Property Services General Offices situated at Municipal Buildings, Clyde Square, Greenock or can be downloaded using the link on the Document Section of this page.